The Matata Children’s Hospital Kenya Foundation was established on 18 October 2007.
More information is available in the Policy paper for 2012-2014 for the Matata Foundation.
From January the 1st, 2017, the board has the following members:
- Jacqueline van Hoorn, Chairwoman. During her many years as Regional-Director to the Red Cross in Nijmegen she gained significant experience and expertise with projects in Africa. Jacqueline made the first contact with the Matata Children’s Hospital and took the initiative to establish the Matata Foundation.
- Secretary vacancy
- Wopke Veenstra is treasurer.
Wopke studied social geography and worked as Director for Information Supply at the University of Nijmegen.
- Charlotte van Schaik is a medical student at the University of Amsterdam. She advises the board concerning medical issues and requests from the Matata Hospital to the Matata Foundation. In addition, Charlotte translates Dutch-English texts for the Matata website and the annual reports.
- Jochem van Emburg is also a medical student at the University of Amsterdam. Just like Charlotte, he advises the board on medical issues and requests. Moreover, he is responsible for the English translations for the Matata website.
The following members have joined the Recommending Committee:
- Prof. dr. Ronald de Groot, Emeritus Hoogleraar.
- Ir. Ane Hoekstra, former Director of Rabobank.
- Mr. Ed d'Hondt, former mayor of Nijmegen and chairman GGD the Netherlands.
- Hon. Joseph Oyugi Magwanga, Member of Parliament, Kasipul Constituency, Republic of Kenya.
- Michael Trin, managing director Airfreight Kuehne & Nagel NV Nederland
- Caroline Hoogwegt
- Linda Poelmann, director Jan Arends
Ambassador of the Matata foundation
- Menno Aukes. Menno is already for many years involved with the Matata foundation, especially in the field to raise funds for the Matata foundation
A few reasons why you should choose to support The Matata Children´s Hospital Foundation:
- We maintain direct contact with Dr. John Malago, head of the hospital, by telephone and e-mail.
- Money is paid directly into the hospital´s bank account.
- Transparency. Via our newsletter and our website we will keep you informed of all of the latest developments in the Matata Hospital and let you know how your donations are being used.
From the start of the Matata Foundation, Hanne Hulshuizen-Verdonk and Ad Festen have been members of the Board. Hanne Hulshuizen-Verdonk was responsible for PR and Fundraising and Ad Festen as Treasurer.
The chair of the Matata Foundation Board, Mrs Jacqueline Van Hoorn wrote a word of thanks for the resigning members.
Webmaster: Dick Nieuwenhuis
The fiscal number of the Matata Foundation in The Netherlands is 8185.89.814.
In case of (larger) for sustainable projects / goods we want to offer the possibility that when one sets value to this, the donor’s name can be mentioned.
We would like to point out the possibility to realize larger projects in confidentiality, in close consultation with the donor and when the project is finalized to honor it with an enduring name on a plaque.